The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
Multiple clubs across Europe are interested in signing Bayern Munich midfielder Joshua Kimmich, according to Marca.
Barcelona are said to view the 28-year-old Germany international as a potential successor to Sergio Busquets, who will leave the Camp Nou as a free agent this summer. The Blaugrana are facing competition from Liverpool and Arsenal, though, with both clubs from England’s topflight also watching him closely.
The Bundesliga side are looking for a transfer fee of at least €60 million to part with Kimmich. The Bavarians are unlikely to feel pressured to lower their demands for the club captain, with his contract not set to expire until the summer of 2025.
Any move from Barca will depend on their financial situation. The club are set to assess the amount they will have available for transfers in the summer, although the LaLiga champions are still looking to offload a number of players to make room for signings that can bolster manager Xavi Hernandez’s squad.
Kimmich arrived at the Allianz Arena from VfB Stuttgart for a €7m transfer fee in 2015, and he has since gone on to make 345 competitive appearances.
– Real Madrid won’t include attacking midfielder Brahim Diaz as part of any deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham, writes Fabrizio Romano. The 23-year-old has been in impressive form while on loan at AC Milan the past two seasons, but despite interest from BVB, the LaLiga side are instead preparing an offer in excess of €100m to land the 19-year-old England international. The Rossoneri have previously been credited with interest in keeping Diaz on a permanent basis.
– Brighton & Hove Albion are resigned to losing midfielder Alexis Mac Allister, according to Football Insider. Liverpool are reported to be front-runners for the signature of the 24-year-old Argentina international, although Jurgen Klopp’s side could also need to compete with Chelsea and Manchester United to secure his signature. It is said that a release clause in his contract will become active in the summer, and while the valuation of that is currently undisclosed, that could hand a significant advantage to sides looking to tempt him away from the Amex Stadium.
– Eintracht Frankfurt attacking midfielder Daichi Kamada is prioritising a move to AC Milan, writes Calciomercato. It is reported that the 26-year-old Japan international sees the San Siro as his ideal destination when his contract expires in the summer, but he could also receive offers from both Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid.
– Talks are set to be held by Bayern Munich as they consider the future of wing-back Joao Cancelo, reports Sky Sport Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. Cancelo, 28, has found improved form of late for manager Thomas Tuchel’s side, where he has registered two assists in his past four league games, but it is said that the Bundesliga champions will still be looking to part ways with the Portugal international at the end of the campaign.
– Hoffenheim have no plans to make the loan signing of midfielder Thomas Delaney permanent, according to Foot Mercato. The 31-year-old Denmark international returned to the Bundesliga from Sevilla in January, but unable to play himself into manager Pellegrino Matarazzo’s plans, he is set to return to Spain in the summer.