The summer transfer window is now open in Europe, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
Chelsea are prepared to send forward Romelu Lukaku to Juventus in a swap deal that would see Dusan Vlahovic head to Stamford Bridge, according to Sky Sports Italia.
The report states that Chelsea had not considered using Lukaku in any swap deal, but right now Juventus are the only interested club in the 30-year-old striker.
The Belgium international spent last season on loan at Internazionale, and whilst he was linked with a permanent return to the San Siro this summer the Italian outfit have withdrawn their interest.
This has left Lukaku in limbo as Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino looks elsewhere for attacking options. Lukaku has attracted some interest from Saudi clubs as well but remains keen on a return to Serie A.
Vlahovic is one striker who has reportedly caught the eye of Pochettino, following an impressive 2022-23 season where the 23-year-old Serbia star netted 14 goals in all competitions for Juventus.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (U.S.)
– Read on ESPN+: Explaining the language of the transfer window
– Tottenham Hotspur and Bayern Munich are £25 million apart in their valuation of forward Harry Kane, per the Athletic. The report reveals that representatives from both clubs met to discuss a deal for the 30-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his deal with Spurs. While Bayern had their first approach of €70m rejected by Spurs last month, the two clubs have good relations. Bayern’s chances of securing a deal for the England captain have improved in recent days, with Football Insider revealing that Manchester United have cooled their interest in Kane after reaching an agreement for Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund.
– Paris Saint-Germain are attempting to strike a deal for Eintracht Frankfurt forward Randal Kolo Muani, according to Foot Mercato. The 24-year-old notched 23 goals and 17 assists in all competitions last season, leading to several clubs monitoring his situation. The report indicates that Kolo Muani has emerged as a priority for Les Parisiens, who are eager to add to their attacking ranks following the departure of Lionel Messi to Inter Miami and the uncertain future of Kylian Mbappe.
– Arsenal are listening to offers for several players, including defender Kieran Tierney and forward Folarin Balogun, reports Football Insider. Tierney lost his starting left-back spot to Oleksandr Zinchenko last season, with Newcastle United holding an interest in the 26-year-old. Balogun, meanwhile, endured a fruitful loan spell in France, netting 22 goals in all competitions for Stade de Reims. The United States international has seemingly fallen further down the pecking order in north London, following the arrival of Kai Havertz from Chelsea.
– Barcelona are considering a swoop for Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix if Ousmane Dembélé departs, according to Sport. Dembélé has been heavily linked with a move to PSG, and if this materialises the Catalan giants will consider attempting to strike a deal for Felix, who is eager to move to the Camp Nou. Barcelona are aware of Atleti’s desire to offload the Portuguese forward, who fell out with manager Diego Simeone last season. However, the Spanish champions cautious of not over-spending on a potential deal.
– West Ham United have turned down Inter’s €20m plus add-ons approach for forward Gianluca Scamacca, according to Fabrizio Romano. Inter will propose a new offer, close to €25m in total, but the Hammers are holding out for a fee closer to €30m, as they look to claw back a significant amount of the €40m they spent on the 24-year-old last summer.