The draw for the 2022 Qatar World Cup group was held in Doha, the capital of Qatar. More than 2,000 people including retired and active football stars, fans and people from all walks of life were invited to participate.
So far, 29 of the 32 teams participating in the Qatar World Cup have been confirmed, and 3 will be decided through the European play-offs and the intercontinental play-offs in June this year.
According to the result of the lottery, 32 teams were divided into 4 positions, Qatar automatically entered the first position, and the other teams were ranked first to fourth according to the FIFA world ranking on March 31, with additional games to be determined. The team is in fourth single. Matthaus, Cafu, Aridei, Okocha, Tim Cahill, Milutinovic, Rabah Majer and Malula from Qatar were the guests of the draw.
The Qatal World Cup is the 22nd World Cup and the first to be held in the northern hemisphere in winter.
The results of the group draw are as follows:
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Ukraine and Scotland Winner vs Wales
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
- Group D: France, UAE and Australia winners vs Peru, Denmark, Tunisia
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica vs New Zealand, Germany, Japan
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
- Group G: Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland,
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea
The World Cup will last 28 days, from November 21 to December 18, 2022.
The Qatar World Cup is the first time to be held in winter in the northern hemisphere. The opening game of this World Cup will kick off at 18:00 on November 21, 2022, Malaysia time. The host Qatar will play against Ecuador.